Menjangan Dive Site: The coral walls around Menjangan are vertical down to 30-60 meters, and then slope outward. The reef surface is particularly rugged: cave, grottoes,crevasses and funnel-like splits break up the coral wall, and the surface in textured with little nooks and crannies.
Gorgonias of many kinds reach large sizes here, and huge barrel sponges are abundant. Soft coral blangket the colorful walls all the way down.
Descriptions of Bali dive sites
Type of dive: Boat diving (30 minutes from Minpi Resort Hotel)
- Visibilit: Excellent to superb, 25-50 meters
- Water movement: Very slight current
- Marine life: Very good numbers and variety; abundant soft coral
- Diver level: Open water diver or above
- Access: 3.5 hours from Kuta, Legian, Semenjak, Sanur, and Nusa Dua
- Highlights: Anker wooden wreck, cave, sea fan and huge garden eels
- Other: The island is part of Bali Barat National Park, a protected reserve area that encompasses much of Bali' little-populated western end
Secret Bay | Menjangan | Tulamben | Amed
Candi Dasa | Padang Bai | Nusa Penida | Nusa Dua