Amed Dive Site: The little village of Amed lies on the north east coast of Bali, about twenty minutes by road east of Tulamben. To the east of the bay, a site with such a variety of healthy hard corals, huge gorgonians and barrel sponges on the bommies, wall, and deep slope on the reef out side bay.
Descriptions of Bali dive sites
- Type of dive: Boat diving (5-10 minutes)
- Visibility: Fair to good, 10 - 20 meters
- Water movement: Mild current
- Marine life: Good variety of fishes (the reef sharks, big napoleon wress and bumphead parrotfish that are often seen here) and hard corals
- Diver level: Open water diver or above
- Access: 2 hours 45 min from main tourist place; Kuta, Legian, Semenjak, Sanur, Nusa Dua
- Highlights: The deep slope past 40 meters is rich and very interesting, so be carefull.
- Other: This site was hit by the April-May 1998 ELNino, the shallow coral was bleached, the deepers sections fared better, and the gorgonians and corals on the outer reef below about 15 meters were never hurt, and are still healthy.
Secret Bay | Menjangan | Tulamben | Amed
Candi Dasa | Padang Bai | Nusa Penida | Nusa Dua